Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Most Viewed and Favorites from Frankenslide

Sorry I haven't updated the site in a while, been working with Sunday Slide getting things put together for the next event and did a little write up on there about the event. Since I already gave my perspective on the day, I thought I'd share my favorite pictures I shot for the day and a few of the most viewed shots from my Flickr account! So sit back and enjoy the shots!

untitled-1-27

So this shot is one of my favorite, even though I managed to blow out the clouds sitting behind the S13. Such an attractive front end, I couldn't resist taking so many pics of this coupe getting sideways.


untitled-1-78

Next up is a shot of Jeremy Lowe's FC, the most viewed picture from my album for a reason. Definitely one of the best panning shots I've done with the new camera. His car came out so clear it was unbelievable.

untitled-1-145

This Cressida loved my camera, with shot after shot focusing perfectly on the front bumper and showing the speed this bulky sedan was showing run after run, until he ran head first into the clipping wall.

untitled-1-116

Another personal favorite of mine is this shot of Sean Forrester with a really clean entry, getting the back end to rotate around slightly as he slid through the first corner.

untitled-1-102

The shot of this pink hatch attracted alot of attention as well with its "glitter" vinyl making it easily the brightest car at the event, only slightly ahead of the ninja turtle green coupe of Marco Tellez.

untitled-1-74

Since I'm a huge fan of Subaru, I thought I'd throw in a shot of one of a handful of the Imprezas parked in the lot near my hatch. As bright as this bug eye Impreza is, I nearly missed it after running to a helicopter to snap a few shots of Pat before he flew overhead to get some footage of the event for NOS. Taking a shot of the Subie hiding between two cars captures how the moment occurred when finding this gem.

untitled-1-73

Sometimes creating an interesting picture can happen by accident, like getting the S14 in frame in the background behind the S13 sitting in front. Shows the contrast of the two model years nicely I think.

untitled-1-34

And we will end on this picture since I have so many favorite shots from the event, even though I can point out a hundred improvements needed for each. The color and smoke from this shot just sets a mood that I love in drift pictures. Of course all these pictures were edited and in reality it wasn't necessary, but its a style I've adapted to my pictures to make drifting look more like an art form.

This past week I've learned a few new tricks to help my shots get better and I can't wait to apply these skills to the next event in Miami. Hopefully my Sunday Slide shirt will be ready for the event so you can spot me out there and I can get to know you all better! Thanks for checking out the site.

-Brice-

No comments:

Post a Comment